Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rain, rain, go away

















April 11

Well we had been told the rainy season was behind us but that is not true. Around 3 am, we were all awaken by the harsh rain hitting our metal roofs and the loud thunder breaking in the middle of the night. When we opened our doors the next morning this is the site we saw. Funny thing about water, it doesn't soak into hard desert ground real well. It likes to just sit there on top until the sun can evaporate it. The bad part of all this can be seen in the top pictures. The flood is in front of the bathrooms and showers. There was only one way to the toilet and that was through the water. Now for many people, going to the bathroom when you first rise is a must and I am not different. But I wasn't crazy about wading through water that came up to my shins. So I followed the water for about 2 miles - just kidding - but really I followed the water until I could get around it and came up behind the trailers and safely into it. It is easy to see why there is so much gravel here.







The last set of pictures were taken on my way to eat lunch. I included the one of me catching raindrops because I know you all can't get enough of me. That was the worse rainfall we have had so far. I'll let you know if it is the last or not.

No comments: