Thursday, April 19, 2007

Easter Dinner

















April 8

Well I celebrated Easter by attending the morning church service immediately followed by lunch. I was looking forward to some ham and potato salad with maybe a deviled egg or two. Instead I had to settle for barbeque beef, rice, and a salad. Hey, wait a minute this is what I can get any day!! Lucky for me, Sunday lunch is more like a brunch and they serve breakfast. So I grabbed a couple of boiled eggs and a few supplies then proceeded to make some deviled eggs which I shared with one of the docs.

When dinner time came I didn't have high hopes but was I pleasantly surprised. We had ham and yams. Two of my favorite items with a glass of sparkling cider. Yes, that's right - I got a little risky and drank not one but two full glasses. Then I treated myself to apple pie a la mode which of course I had to compile myself. But best of all was sharing it with "Butter Jesus". I had to include a picture so you could fully appreciate this statue of honor. According to the rumor, it is made of styrofoam and you guessed it - BUTTER.

But what would be Easter without an Easter basket. Not having a basket, I improvised again. I especially liked the camoflage eggs and rolaids. I placed the chocolate bunny in my refrig. to have once the jelly beans run out. A big thanks goes out to all who sent items.

No comments: