Monday, May 21, 2007

MCMAP

May 13

MCMAP stands for Marine Corps Martial Arts Program. On Sunday, May 13, not only did I celebrate Mother's Day and the Nurse Corps Birthday but I got my first MCMAP belt - TAN.
It was alot of fun. I was a little nervous until I realized that we had an all ladies class. Then I enjoyed it because I didn't have to watch someone heave ho too much. We were all equal in talent and there to have fun.

Basic warrior stance
(Psss...that's Chris, my MCMAP partner in the back left)

Here I am demonstrating some of the choke holds on Chris. After I tested out she got to do them on me. So we had an agreement to not hurt each other any more than we had to in order to pass and to make each other look good.

Here I am performing an arm bar take down on Chris. My friend Harlan came to take pictures for us. We were so fast in our moves his camera could not keep up.

Chris on the mat after arm bar take down. Now remember, she got to do this to me too. All I have to say is "Don't mess with Mom when she gets home!".

"Thank you, thank you, thank you very much." Here I am being presented my tan belt by Corporal Robbins (my sensai). Chris and I have decided to go for the next color which is grey. It is a little more difficult but as long as we are paired together I know we can get through it.

3 comments:

James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James said...

Semper Fi
-Sgt Robbins